A focus-stacked shot – forty-five images taken on the D800 and focus-stacked in Photoshop CC. The idea here is to increase the amount of the Orchid head that is in focus. Without the focus stacking the depth of field would be extremely narrow.
I spent an evening at Copped Hall in Essex with some friends from our local photography club trying out ‘painting with light’ and similar techniques.
During the evening I took time out – when there was a significant break in the cloud cover – to have my first go at photographing Star Trails. This is the result.
Taken on the Olympus EM-1 with a 14-140mm lens ( set at 14mm ) using the time-lapse settings built into the EM-1 – this was sixty-one separate consecutive images of 30 secs each, ISO 800, f/6.3.
Initially the RAW images were imported into Lightroom and given some basic tweaking and the exported as TIFF files. They were then loaded into StarStax where they were combined into a single jpeg image which was given a final tweak ( curves, saturation and sharpening ) in Photoshop.